Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rainy Winter Weather

This was the first song that I finished for my first proper solo album, Separation Celebration. I'm really proud of this one, compositionally. I wrote it in November of 2005, I remember it was a few days before Thanksgiving; for some reason almost every year I always have really dramatic things happen to me that I write songs about in the days preceding Thanksgiving. I wrote it in the attic while my ex-girlfriend and I were living together, and we broke up shortly after. I had written the lyrics and the tune was sort of there, and I decided to rip off the chords from John Lennon's "Crippled Inside." It's a really bitter breakup song, which I was doing a lot of at the time. I dont know what Black Licorice Rum is, I think I made it up. Yes, I realize that the phrase "fictional lie" is redundant. My favorite line in the song is, "I got a heart shaped like an eclipsed moon." I really remember the feeling of awkwardness, impending doom, and being panic-stricken and heartbroken in the days before my ex moved out. Probably one of the worst times in my life, and here it is for you to enjoy. 



Rainy Winter Weather - Brian Adam Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment