Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Afternoon Amphetamine Rush

Once upon a time I was really bitter and jealous over somebody and it was not worth it. However, I did get a lot of good songs out of it, and it really helped a lot to have something to do in order to get over this situation. There are some records, like Bob Dylan's Blood On The Tracks, that are synonymous with the term "break-up album." When I was in this certain head space, the prospect of making a musical documentation of this break-up seemed like the best thing in the world, and maybe it was the best thing to do at the time, but I sort of feel like I've exhausted my break-up song resources for a while, which is probably a good thing. Hey at least I did it before Kanye. 
The lyrics in this one started off as pretty honest, although I dont know why I used a stupid phrase like, "turquoise concubine." "You will startle me with your sharp keys/and lay a slanted scratch across my cheek," was sort of prophetic in a weird way, but I think that you had to be there.


Afternoon Amphetamine Rush - Brian Adam Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment