Monday, April 20, 2009

Granny Smith Potplatter Sample

In honor of today's date being the date that it is, I have posted this slow-moving space jam recorded Christmas, 2007. I love this song and I wish that I could still play it but I cannot remember the chords at the end! The title comes from all the apples I was eating at the time, all the potted plants I was consuming, and all of the "Dim Sum Appetizer Platter Samplers" that I was required to sell in that month at my job at PF Chang's. The repetition of the line, "I will become someone someday you'll see" is meant to reveal different layers of meaning behind the phrase. Other than that, it's wordless, which I'm okay with. Also check out the killer white noise at the very end. Although it's overall pretty repetitive, I'd call it more like meditative and it's definitely one of my favorite vocal takes I've done. The xylophone featured on this song is one that I bought about five years ago in an antique store in Old Ellicott City for $10. It's German and has an H note instead of a B. Best $10 I ever spent. 



Granny Smith Potplatter Sample (Remaster) - Brian Adam Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment