Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Searchlights On Wall Street

This is a song that I wrote when I was in this phase where I'd wake up at 6 AM and not be able to sleep and get myself wrecked and walk around in Hampden seeing what the world does at 6 AM. There's a reference to Shabbatai Zvi in the bridge; he was a dude who, in 17th century Europe, went around to all the Jewish villages telling them that he was the Messiah they had been waiting for and he was going to take all the Jews to the Kingdom and of course he didn't. He was found by some government and told to turn Muslim or else they'd cut off his head. There's a book called Satan In Goray by IB Singer that's a really weird and awesome book about it. Anyway I thought it'd be funny to walk with him amongst zombies and tumbleweeds and helicopters with searchlights on Wall St. Here's a song about it.


The SearchLights On Wall Street - Brian Adam Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment